Experts in Taxi Insurance

Third Party Fire & Theft Insurance for Taxis

Covering your legal liability to other drivers and road users for public and private hire drivers.

  • Competitive quotes
  • Save time & money
  • Great cover!

Whilst not as wide-ranging as the cover provided by Comprehensive insurance, there might be occasions when Third Party, Fire & Theft insurance may be suitable for taxi drivers. 

What it covers

Your liability to third parties is covered by your insurer, so if you cause damage to someone else’s property, for example driving into the back of their car, your insurance will cover the cost of their repairs.

Third party insurance will also cover other types of claim against you, for example a claim for injury compensation or other property damaged in an accident where you are at fault.

This level of insurance also covers your taxi for fire and theft, so you’ll be reimbursed for the market value of the vehicle if it’s written off in a fire or stolen and not recovered.

Call our experts at Fare Cover for a Quote on *0844 557 0229

*Calls cost 7p per minute, plus your phone company’s access charge.

It’s important to note the restrictions on Third Party Fire & Theft insurance. If your taxi is involved in an accident, your insurer will not pay for the cost of repairs or any other out-of-pocket expenses (though you may be able to submit a claim to the other party’s insurance company if you were not at fault).

As this may cause a delay to you getting back on the road, many taxi drivers opt for comprehensive insurance whenever possible to minimise the possible disruption to their livelihood.

Please make sure you’re familiar with the cover provided by your policy by reading the policy wordings here.

Related information: